CAC General Information
The care and happiness of your children is our number one priority. We will provide a safe, fun, healthy and stimulating environment for your children. Please remember that your comments and suggestions are always welcome. Thank you!
- The CAC strictly adheres to staff to child ration. The ratios are 1:4 for infants (3 months – 15 months), 1:7 for toddlers (16 months – 29 months), and 1:10 for children 30 months (2.5 years) and older.
- Members must remain on the premises at all times.
- Drinks are welcome in plastic, no-spill containers (sippy cups or bottles). Aluminun cans, open top containers, glass, or Styrofoam cups are not permitted as they pose safety hazards.
- Snacks, candy and gum are not permitted in the C.A.C. area, as these are choking and/or allergy hazards.
- Toys from home should remain with the member until Sign-out.
- Shoes must be worn at all times. (Please bring dry shoes if boots are wet due to inclement weather).
- Staff is not permitted to change diapers or provide potty training services. Member will be paged to change diapers if necessary.
- Children should be fully potty trained or wear diapers.
- Child-sized restroom facilities are available with a diaper changing station.
- Member will be paged if child cries inconsolably or is upset for more than 10 minutes.
- Please read all posted signs and annoucements on the C.A.C. desk or bulletin board.
- All C.A.C areas and toys/equipment are thoroughly cleaned and disinfected daily in order to provide a clean and hygienic facility for the children.
- C.A.C. staff is American Heart Association certified in CPR (Adult, Child and infant), First Aid and AED trained.
Infant Care (Ages 3 months-16 months): C.A.C. Baby room provides cribs, swings, exersaucer, and a wide variety of safe, clean, age-appropriate toys. Comfort items (blankets, pacifiers, bottles, etc) are welcome and should be clearly labeled with the child’s full name.
Activities for Ages 7-13: Age-appropriate board games, books, puzzles, and more are available in the Game Lounge. Children may bring their own hand-held video games, books, activities or even homework.
Ages: 3 months – 13 years (Any person under the age of 14 years must be adult supervised at all times while at HTSW).
C.A.C. Reservation Policies:
- Reservations are strongly recommended and can be requested up to one week in advance either by voicemail (630-446-4013 or 630-942-9600 ext 518) or in person at the C.A.C. Reception Desk.
- Walk-ins will be accommodated only if current staff and space availability permits.
- Reservation requests must indicate drop-off and pick-up times.
- The C.A.C. voicemail is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Reservations are considered in the order received.
- Reservations can be made for up to 2 hours in length.
- Reservation requests for more than one visit per day are allowed. There must be at least two hours between the end time of the first request and the start time of the second request.
C.A.C. Cancellation / Late Arrival Policies: Cancellations should be made at least two hours in advance of the reservation start time. Voicemail cancellations are acceptable.Late arrivals should be advised by voicemail.
C.A.C. Fees: Use of the C.A.C. is included in the $15 per month Child Membership Fee. Contact Childcare at 630-446-4013 for specific details when bringing a non-member child. In addition Non-member guest children will require an $8 Child Guest fee per visit. The Child Guest fee is to be paid at the Service Desk prior to admittance to the club or the C.A.C. A copy of the Child Guest fee receipt is to be presented at C.A.C. check-in.
Check-In / Check-Out Policies: Sign-in and Sign-out required for each child prior to admittance or release. Child will be released to authorized member only unless prior written consent is received. All members must present membership ID or picture ID at Sign-out and before the release of child.
Illness Policy: Sick children are not permitted in the C.A.C. If a child becomes sick while in the C.A.C., the member will be located immediately and the child must be removed. A doctor’s note may be required 48 hours later before admittance. What constitutes sickness? Green/Yellow runny nose, cough, fever, diarrhea, vomiting, unidentified rash. If a child has allergies that imitate cold or flu symptoms, a doctor’s note may be requested indicating the nature of the allergy symptoms. If a child contracts a contagious illness (ie. chicken pox, pink eye, strep throat) please contact the C.A.C. so that we can watch for other cases.