POSTION: Personal Trainer
PURPOSE: Serve as an educator & motivator to the members regarding fitness principles and techniques, as well as, to provide a safe and healthy environment for members to workout.
*B.S. in Exercise Physiology, Corporate Fitness or related area, or in pursuit of.
*Knowledge of the fitness principles relating to the design and implementation of exercise prescriptions and fitness assessments.
*Commitment to excellence in customer service & fitness education & communication skills. *Accredited certification in personal training.
- Uphold the Fitness Mission Statement: “To maintain and motivate excellent employees to continually generate and retain members through superb educational, innovative, and results orientated programming.”
- Show up promptly wearing proper fitness uniform ready to work.
- Circulate the fitness floor to assist members with different exercise techniques & fundamentals, answer questions, and promote club programs.
- Aim to manage any programs you direct towards efficiency, excellence, profitability & customer satisfaction.
- Keep abreast of club functions and promote with enthusiasm to members.
- Clean, inspect, and maintain fitness equipment on a daily basis. Record work in the logbook and follow procedures to inform cleaning/maintenance coordinator.
- Attend bi- monthly staff meetings to discuss club/departmental issues, share ideas and continue education.
- Meet with your designated supervisor/mentor for questions, concerns, ideas, and guidance at least once a month or more often whenever necessary.
- Assist with the MITCS, Commit to Get Fit, Health Fairs, and other club sponsored activities.
- Develop and maintain a following of personal training clientele, encouraging participation in other club programs of interest to them.
- Communicate with Personal Training Coordinator on personal training needs, new clients & client satisfaction.
- Personal training schedule turned into the coordinator weekly.
- Follow HealthTrack’s personal training policies and procedures, enforcing them in a professional manner.
- All personal training changes, cancellations, and substitutions are the sole responsibility of the trainer.
- Manage your schedule to a high level of accuracy and follow up appropriately with all PT interests and current clients within 24 hours as a standard.
- Maintain a minimum of 10 billable Personal Training hours per week to remain a personal trainer on staff after the 90 day probationary period.
- Reports directly and performs any other duties or projects designated by the Fitness Director, Asst. Fitness Director, Fitness Supervisors, Manager on Duty, or General Manager.
- # of clients serviced
- % of client retention
- # of PT hours
- Gross PT revenue
- # of PT referrals gained
- GREET all members when entering or exiting the fitness floor. Examples: hi there, hello, how are you today?, nice to see you, have a great day/night, enjoy your day/night, see you tomorrow, take care, good night.
- Smile and eye contact with members when picking up cleaning rag towels around the floor.
- Refrain from eating, studying and cell phone use at the fitness desk at any time.
- No ear buds or Ipod while behind the fitness desk at any time.
- No sitting on counters, or putting feet up on the fitness desk or chairs
- Avoid telling a member “ I don’t know” or “ it’s not my job”. The proper answer is, “I will request someone to come help assist you with that concern”, or “I will take your name and number down and get back to you with the answer.”